Sunday, July 25, 2010

11.5 Things #4

Well, I had some trouble uploading a video to youtube b/c it was an mp4, and after watching the updated video, according to it youtube doesn't accept mp4. So I had to add the extension .mpv. I just took a shot at using this extension and hoped the video would play after I added it, and yeah it did. Now I am waiting for it to upload, with fingers crossed it will work.





What would be some advantages of having teaching/learning videos available on online at sites like these?
I like to use the Discovery videos to help reinforce or to give my students a good visual of concepts being taught. I have used youtube a time or two. I find that my students can really grasp harder concepts much easier when they have a visual. Students learn in a variety of ways so maybe having another person or video explain the concept might help students not really getting it understand better. It can also generate ideas for students to come up with their work to be published at home or at school.

What about student created work -- would there be advantages to having it uploaded?

Students generally work harder when they know their work is going to be published or there will be an audience for them to share it with. This would be a great way for them to share their learning through videos they. For all students the possibilities are unlimited, but GT students, this could be a way for them to share their knowledge and put forth some great videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment