Wednesday, July 28, 2010

11.5 Things #7

I love the PBS site. I have used it before in my class for social studies. I just discovered the under the sea videos. These are great when we are teaching environments and habitats. There is a killer whale video that is fabulous. It encompasses so many life science concepts.

Watch the full episode. See more Ocean Adventures.



I found another really good one for science- Kilauea, on Hawaii's Big Island, is the world's most active volcano. It would not let me embed it, but it was under the topic Exploring Science. Volcano videos are great for teaching land formations, constructions and destruction of land, along with the rock cycle. I am very excited about watching this video with my students. I know they will love it!

2 comments:

  1. I use lots of PBS videos when teaching kids or helping teachers put together resources. I like the way the sight is organized and how easy it is to find what I'm looking for. I'm glad you liked it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, we have Discovery Streaming but PBS always works, not always true with our connection to the other at school.

    ReplyDelete