Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #17

I really like this site! I find that 5th graders have a really hard time narrowing their searches and end up with all sorts of websites that are not relevant to their needs. I do an endangered animals report as an culminating project to our science unit of environments and our novel for reading about an endangered animal that a girl has to try and save. Rollyo helps to narrow the field down to popular sites for age and relevance. Here is my link to my page on Rollyo.

http://rollyo.com/sweet_summertime/mrs._marshmallow

I can see myself using this site during the school year.

1 comment:

  1. I think that narrowing their websites helps student to focus on what is needed instead of running around getting 'lost'. Especially elementary students but as I think about it secondary needs to focus sometimes and have a hard time doing that when they are just 'out there' clicking away.

    ReplyDelete